Career Level Associate
Job Function Sales
US, Portland | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 4730
Do you love to travel? Are you an experienced blade technician when it comes to working with composites? We would love to have you join our team across North America, to travel to our sites, and to grow and train with the best in the wind industry.
Sales/SBU AME/Blades US/CAN
The resource department is part of the greater operations department supporting service sites and construction projects with technicians and field support personnel. The department is responsible to provide Vestas trained and qualified technicians as well as contractor personnel as requested by operations service and construction. This group is a key activity within the company because execution of construction projects and service plans is dependent on the ability to move resources where they are needed on schedule.
- Ability to travel 100% of the time and also requires working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives
- Acts as a safety role model, encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are being practiced. Adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment, implements effective risk mitigation and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management
- Demonstrates and promotes integrity, strong initiative, as well as a no-compromise focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis. Also may assist with or perform basic quality audits of less experienced staff
- Performs experienced level blade composite maintenance
- Performs intermediate level wind turbine maintenance and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power tools) and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required and enters data into company system, such as SAP
- Effectively gathers information regarding turbine performance / issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in resolution
- Follows basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge). Independently initiates and performs most work tasks as well as follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff
- Effectively promotes strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing goals as well as mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly supports and promotes team spirit and cooperation, and supports change initiatives and proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels or implements improvements using the appropriate control management protocol
- Interfaces with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Will refer complex customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times
- High school diploma or equivalent and Post high school education (ie wind school, trade school, college) preferred – also a minimum two (2) year wind industry experience – electrical experience, including ability to read electrical drawings, preferred
- Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools (e.g. fluke meter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation). Ability to complete detailed component inspections and report on findings
- Composite Experience
- Rope Access Experience
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Passport
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence, good interpersonal and customer relation skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives
- Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data
- Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight, and the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts and comfort working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including high-angle rescue and training
- Periodic walking, ability to hear and use close range radios, and having strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
- Comfort working remotely with limited supervisory interaction
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is remote requiring 100% travel, but is based out of Portland, OR.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.