Career Level Director
Job Function Operations
About Advanced Energy
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NYSE: AEIS), headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, enables design breakthroughs and drives growth for leading semiconductor and industrial customers. Our precision power and control technologies, along with our applications know-how, inspire close partnerships and innovation in thin-film and industrial manufacturing. We are proud of our rich heritage, award-winning technologies, and we value the talents and contributions of all Advanced Energy’s employees worldwide.
Advanced Energy is currently seeking an experienced Director, Service Operations. As the Service Operations Leader at Advanced Energy this role will be responsible for service operational policies, strategies, objectives and initiatives for North America, Europe and the Middle East. Responsible for the attainment of short and long-term financial and operational goals. Directs the development of the organization to ensure future profitable growth. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Director, Service Operations – NA & EMEA reports to the GM, Global Services. This role is responsible for the multiple repair sites in North America, Europe and the Middle East. Primary responsibilities include repair operations, materials planning, global test equipment, and logistics.
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of repair strategies to support business unit goals and objectives.
- Direct multi-site, multi-national repair operations to meet operational and financial goals.
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Establish the performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for multiple department and site manager to support business unit goals and objectives
- Demonstrate successful execution of business strategies for company and business unit.
- Lead change management of critical operations initiatives to support business unit strategic plan
- Support acquisition integration activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Strong leader with the deep knowledge of all facets of operations.
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, business development, and strategic planning.
- Proven leader with the ability to grow talent within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Demonstrated track record of empowering teams to high levels of performance and of selecting and enabling the talent needed to manage complex, international operations.
- Leader of leaders.
- Leading through influence when working with cross-functional teams.
- Minimum eight years of operational management experience utilizing strategic concepts and company objectives to achieve short- and long-term goals.
- Ability to lead teams of greater than 75 people.
- Multiple location leadership experience on an international scale is highly preferred.
- Proven track record of building high-performance organizations across multiple disciplines.
- Requires experience in resource allocation, capital project management, departmental budget management, and related tasks as required in a fast paced, dynamic, high technology driven manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading change in regional organization.
- Preferred: Experience designing, developing and deploying service or manufacturing operations using Lean and/or Demand Flow Technology techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management or relevant technical field.
- MBA or Master of Engineering or other relevant technical field.
Develop and execute global strategy
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of repair strategies to support global business unit goals and objectives.
- Lead change management of critical global operations initiatives to support business unit strategic plan.