Career Level Director
Job Function EngineeringOperations
Resodyn is a fast-paced, technology development company marketing and selling advanced mixing systems throughout the world. We are located in Southwest Montana. An excellent career and lifestyle opportunity for the correct individual exists to work on state-of-the-art, and break-through research and development of various emerging technologies having both near-term and future commercial potential.
Director of Operations
Resodyn is a successful, growing, dynamic, new product development and manufacturing company that designs advanced technologies for mixing solutions supporting a broad range of industries and processing applications.
Resodyn invents, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells advanced technologies worldwide. Current products include an advanced mixing technology and a new thermal spray powder-coating process.
The unique mixing system that Resodyn has patented is called the ResonantAcoustic Mixing and is capable of mixing combinations of solids, liquids, and gases using high-intensity, low-frequency acoustic energy. These high-tech mixing systems are marketed and sold globally to an expanding list of clients. We are continuously developing new product lines in response to market demands for processing and other advanced technologies. Resodyn also provides custom solutions to its clients, and as such, technical challenges and opportunities continuously and rapidly evolve.
The patented powder-coating process provides a unique method to powder coat a broad range of materials that provides durable and unique thermoplastic and thermoset materials that can be applied without the need to put the coated surfaces in an oven.
Resodyn’s team of scientists and engineers consist of highly innovative and passionate individuals that invent, design, develop, and manufacture advanced technologies to address specific market needs. Resodyn’s proven strategy for success is driven by a vertically integrated business model capable of taking state-of-the-art technologies from concept through manufacturing and sales.
The Director of Operations will be assigned responsibilities for various operational and developmental aspects of the company’s continued development and growth. Key capabilities will include the implementation and execution of organization and management protocols to ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources. This work will include the development and implementation of methods that focus on the needs of the company as it undergoes rapid and growth in product sales, manufacturing processes and methodology related to on ongoing and intense broadening product line offerings, market diversity, rapid sales growth and increasing revenue generation.
In particular, an emphasis of this position will include the implementation and execution of new process and product development methodologies that enable effective transition of newly launched technologies into the market. Although the company is highly focused on growth and profitability, there is a clear historical commitment to health of the organization and of the business, which requires both strong and agile organizational and leadership skills and a robust commitment to success.
In order to qualify for this challenging position the candidate must possess BS, or MS degree in Engineering and 10, or more, years of successful business operations, manufacturing, product improvement knowledge, and product line extension experience. The drive to be out in front and to continuously be on the move are essential, as well as the capabilities to sustain high levels of effort to achieve the demands required by an ambitious business portfolio, are essential elements for success. Candidates with demonstrated business savvy are preferred.
Uncompromised loyalty to success of the company and standards of unquestionable integrity are imperative requisites to success for this position.
We are seeking a visionary who excels in advancing technology to business via strategic thinking and is capable of working with, and influencing Resodyn management and top decision makers in industry, as appropriate, as to the corporate values and mission.
The successful candidate will be a high-tech-savvy, manager with experience in product development, product manufacturing with the ability to implement and execute operational methods that support the corporate vision and strategy. The proven capability to develop and to successfully execute tactics that result is successful company operations outcomes is essential.
The position requires a versatile professional with experience in the implementation of business operations including participating in the coordination of product and client and product specifications and requirements. The position will develop and maintenance of schedules to criterion established by management and client needs, allocation of man-loading, working within budget constraints and being able to sustain order and cohesiveness as workload needs to accommodate the changes required in accordance with new projects and increased client demands. Exceptionally strong multi-program/project management skills are essential.
We are seeking a multifaceted individual with outstanding communication capabilities, team-building/planning skills, and one who possess, strong supervisory, solid interpersonal/management capabilities, effective organizational abilities and exceptional presentation skills.
The successful candidate must have:
- A track-record that demonstrates success of working in high-technology product manufacturing fields.
- Demonstrated history as a productive, innovative technical manager, with success in a small business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to customers’ needs, develop solutions to meet their requirements, trust and respect.
- Ability to combine extensive knowledge of emerging technologies with broad organizational focus, assimilate knowledge of company technology products, applications and manufacturing capabilities and to lead growth in these areas.
- Capability to quickly grasp new technological concepts and implement operational mechanisms to efficiently fold them into the company structure.
- Talent to serve as liaison between research team, manufacturing team and business partners to achieve objectives, enhance communications, and strengthen product development.
This position requires a driven, enthusiastic individual with strong operational skills, proven management experience and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates in a vertically integrated, high-tech business.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. An enthusiasm for working in a diverse, demanding and exciting technology environment is crucial. Strong work ethic and team player attributes are paramount.
In this position, the successful candidate will:
- Participate in determining the organization’s long-range goals; contributing to competitive strategy and the definition of programs based on operational capabilities financial, market and technology factors.
- Be a key contributor to marketing/business thinking and foster effective relationships with other functional groups within the organization and external to the organization as required.
- Support product promotion plans and product introduction programs.
- Lead and direct the development of potential new products for the organization as market opportunities demand as directed by management.
- Monitor progress of multiple products through their life cycles.
- Conduct analysis of product performance relative to competitor capabilities.
- Masters of Science Engineering (Preferred), Bachelors of Science Engieering (ABET Accredited).
- Ten years of experience.
- U.S. Citizen.
Exceptional Benefits Package Includes:
- Generous Vacation Package
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pension/profit sharing and 401(k)
- Relocation allowance