Career Level Associate
Job Function Construction
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM’s partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and submits monthly and final estimates; checks calculations against work log and estimate form to verify work is completed before payment is made
- Processes change orders, supplemental agreements and extra work orders
- Monitors contractors’ compliance with federal requirements related to Equal Employment Opportunity and wages
- Monitors on-the-job training program and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and Small Business Enterprise programs; submits required monthly reports
- Prepares and types correspondence, reports and supporting documents; files; orders supplies and equipment
- Drives to attend pre-construction meetings to instruct contractor’s bookkeeper on record-keeping procedures
- Perform document control duties on large design build project along with some administrative duties and record keeper duties on CEI projects
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Required Experience – Education and Skills
- 5+ years contract compliance experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal communication skills
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the construction industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate’s resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.