Career Level Entry Level
Job Function Engineering
In 2016, ReNew Solar joined forces with Petra Energy to form ReNew Petra, a vertically integrated renewable energy investment and construction company. We are a licensed General Contracting company with the technical expertise to provide our own internal operations and maintenance (O+M) and Asset Management (AM), as well as provide these services to institutional capital partners.
Summary of Position
The Junior Engineer will lead the design engineering responsibilities and will work closely with project development and project management teams to drive projects through initial design, pricing, contract, interconnection approval, final design, construction, installation, and commissioning.
- Preliminary design, layout, and engineering of commercial solar systems between 2 KW and 20 MW in size.
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Develop specifications, collect data, and complete utility interconnection applications and building permit applications.
- Develop detailed equipment specifications.
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather site-specific data, as required.
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools.
- Site specific production analysis for potential projects and operating assets.
Education and Experience
- Engineering Degree (required).
- Minimum of 1-year experience.
- Medium Voltage design experience (preferred).
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Microsoft Office products.
- PV Syst experience (required).
- Helioscope (required)
- Client-facing communication skills.
- Some travel (required).
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.