Career Level Associate
Job Function LegalPurchasing
8minute Solar Energy is the largest privately-held developer of solar and storage projects in the United States. We have one of the best development teams in the industry with a track record of delivering above-market profitability and strong financial returns on utility-scale solar and storage projects. We are seeking the best and brightest people to help make clean energy abundant.
About the Position:
Our Land Entitlement team is looking for an LET (Land Entitlement) Associate to join our organization. This person will manage the execution of all land entitlement/permitting requirements to support the successful completion of 8minute’s projects.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate closely with 8minutenergy teams, including land acquisition, engineering, and finance as a core and key project team member
- Select and manage environmental and engineering consultants tasked with completing various studies and plans required for support permit approvals
- Manage relationships with County Planning, elected officials, regulatory agencies, environmental groups, and the local community to be positive, collaborative, and responsive, and ensure timely receipt of relevant permit approvals
- Inform leadership of key permitting issues and prepare plans to resolve issues with fewest possible schedule, cost, and risk impacts
- Assist in the preparation of project RFP responses/bids
- Assist in the due diligence of new projects by identifying timelines, costs, and potential permitting roadblocks
- Self-starter with ability to wear many “hats”
- Experience with CEQA and NEPA
- Detail-oriented, with the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, relationships, and projects
- Excels at proactive and creative problem solving, and negotiating solutions
- Graduate degree and/or relevant permitting experience:
- E.g., MBA or Planning degree, or even biological degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience permitting solar or other large-scale commercial or industrial projects
- Experience with managing and negotiating legal agreements
8minute Solar Energy offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and fully paid medical and dental benefits and unlimited PTO. We are an equal opportunity employer.