Career Level Mid-Senior Level
Job Function Information Technology
Powin Energy Corporation is the producer of a modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system) that is poised to capture significant market share in the immediate future. In the emerging energy storage sector Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deployability; and operational sophistication. These advantages position Powin as a market leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. Additionally, Powin’s system is engineered for either indoor or outdoor installations and maximizes energy density while minimizing the system’s footprint.
Powin’s Product Engineering team is seeking a Manager of Software Development. The Manager of Software Development will be responsible for leading a small team of software developers who are tasked with writing code, writing unit tests, and working collaboratively with Powin’s Quality Assurance team. The perfect candidate for this role has significant Java experience. The role is hands on, reports directly to the Head of Product Engineering, and assists with developing, refining, and advancing Powin’s battery energy storage technology for use in the next generation of the grid.
- 5 to 6 years of experience
- Expert proficiency in Java is a must
- Experience with managing small teams of developers (3 to 5) is required
- Strong software design skills are required
- Experience with Spring, Maven, & SQL (PostGres preferred)
- Strong web development skills (HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, JSPX) are a plus
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Ability to learn new frameworks, new environments, and new technologies
This is an on-site, full-time, salaried position located in our Tualatin, OR office.
This is a great opportunity to really make a big impact on a highly ambitious business going through an exciting stage of its growth!
Job Type: Full-time