Career Level Entry Level
Job Function Technical
About Advanced Energy
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NYSE: AEIS), headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, enables design breakthroughs and drives growth for leading semiconductor and industrial customers. Our precision power and control technologies, along with our applications know-how, inspire close partnerships and innovation in thin-film and industrial manufacturing. We are proud of our rich heritage, award-winning technologies, and we value the talents and contributions of all Advanced Energy’s employees worldwide.
Advanced Energy is currently seeking a talented and experienced Member of Technical Staff.
As the MTS, this role will be responsible for implementing Radio Frequency (RF) plasma power delivery solutions for customers and coordinate AE product development. Assess and address customers’ technical application needs, applying knowledge of industry trends and technical requirements. Perform measurement, data acquisition, and data analysis to solve complex issues related to products, technologies and system integration. Assess RF power delivery to materials processing plasmas, RF generators, matching networks, and integrated RF power delivery systems. Collaborate with Field Application Engineering, Sales, Design Engineering, and Product Management departments to ensure product goals are met.
- Enable customers’ successful implementation of RF plasma power delivery solutions and guide AE product development through technical leadership.
- Understand AE’s products and technology and enable successful deployment to AE’s customers.
- Understand industry trends and technical requirements in order to help determine guide customers to the appropriate AE solution.
- Serve as consultant to customers to solve complex problems related to products, technologies, and system integration.
- Serve as consultant to peer groups within AE (Sales, Product Management, and Engineering) in support of new product development and new business opportunities.
- Assist Field Applications Engineers (FAEs) with understanding advanced or difficult customer requirements to secure new design wins.
- Mentor FAE’s by advancing their knowledge and understanding of AE products, advanced measurement and analytical techniques, and customer technologies.
- Advance AE’s Intellectual Property and AE’s technical reputation position by contributing to patented technology and communication via publications and presentations.
- Interest Group participation and influence in industry standards committees and review boards encouraged.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or foreign equivalent degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or a related field and two years of experience in plasma physics and chemistry in a RF and microwave environment.
- Alternate education and experience requirements: Ph.D. or foreign equivalent degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- Also requires a background in:
1) Plasma power application technology;
2) Plasma system design and processing;
3) RF generators and match networks;
6) Spectrum analyzer;
7) Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)design of products brought to market on time, on budget, and generating substantial revenue.
- 2 years of experience working directly with the specific customers, products, and applications in the assigned AE market segment.
- Experience with industry standards and user groups.
- Advanced technical degree in Engineering or Physics
- Ph.D. in in Engineering or Physics
- This position is located our Ft. Collins, Co office.
- Travel required, approximately 5% (both domestic and international).