Career Level Associate
Job Function Project Management
United States of America – Massachusetts, Boston
AECOM is expanding its operations in the New England to grow our business serving the offshore energy, industrial, oil and gas, renewables and federal government markets. We are actively recruiting for a Offshore/Marine and Renewable Energy Project Manager ( * Senior Marine Scientist /Technical Leader)* with both technical and business development skills that can help market our capabilities and successfully apply our environmental skills. This is a newly created role.
This role will be ideally based out of our Boston, Chelmsford, Pocasset, MA, Providence, RI offices. Other New England offices can be considered depending on the individual.
As a senior marine scientist and technical lead, the selected individual will be responsible for the successful execution and growth of programs that span AECOM’s offshore wind, oil and gas, energy, industrial and federal markets. To be successful, this individual must have strong technical capabilities in ecosystem ecology, must have a strong ability to write and review technical documents, strong understanding of applicable regulations (BOEM, NEPA, OPA, CWA) and a proven team player. The individual must have strong interpersonal skills and ultimately manage project teams. The individual should also have a relevant technical background in marine ecological studies and experience in planning and managing projects serving the industry. The successful candidate will possess demonstrated team player qualities and a successful track record in developing and completing initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Authoring and reviewing complex technical documents for coastal and offshore ecosystems.
- Help to implement insightful analyses of the external market within the industrial (offshore wind), power, oil and gas and federal markets, identifying and pursuing key business and growth opportunities for AECOM’s portfolio.
- Establishing a clear understanding of competitor practices and defining strategies for effectively developing differentiated competitive strategies for AECOM’s offerings.
- Managing projects, meeting schedule and budget constraints and using earned value management techniques to track project status. Project management will include scheduling and mobilizing staff, selecting vendors, and managing performance to meet cost and schedule deadlines.
- Ability to oversee collection and analysis of large spatially explicit data sets.
- Scope and Lead inshore and offshore marine field programs.
- Working closely in a team setting with other AECOM leadership in executing the offshore business strategy and in building overall awareness of AECOM’s services.
- Identifying skill sets needed for AECOM’s offshore environmental practice to effectively develop and grow our business.
- Leading pursuits for Offshore Wind Projects in support of developers (BOEM SAP/COP) and potentially supporting BOEM for Third Party EIS support.
- Preparing proposals and negotiating with clients in collaboration with internal technical, legal, and contract stakeholders
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline, such as ecology, marine biology, environmental engineering, or other environmental discipline.
- 12-18 years of scientific and /or technical experience working in related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years applied (non-academic) experience required.
- Experience leading large technical programs to government and industry clients.
- Experience managing relationships with collaborators and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with collaborators, subcontractors and research organizations.
- Previous experience developing client relationships, connected to business and professional networks.
- Due to project and client requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Strong Project Management Skills, team leadership and managing Project KPIs.
- Ability to travel and give client focused presentations, with up to 25% of time away from the office
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 201931BR
Additional Locations US – Chelmsford, MA – 250 Apollo Drive, US – Pocasset, MA – 9 Jonathan Bourne Drive, US – Providence, RI
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.