Career Level Associate
Job Function Business Development
8minutenergy Renewables is the largest privately-held developer of solar and storage projects in the United States. We have one of the best development teams in the industry with a track record of delivering above-market profitability and strong financial returns on utility-scale solar and storage projects. We are seeking the best and brightest people to help make clean energy abundant.
About the Position:
We are seeking skilled and experienced individuals to join our Origination team. The Analyst/Senior Analyst or Associate/ Senior Associate would support a team of Originators who source, negotiate, and execute Power Purchase Agreements (“PPA”) and other complex power offtake arrangements. The position requires an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured environment, constantly collaborating with various internal and external teams to meet customer driven deadlines. The individual would ultimately be responsible for managing day-to-day execution of Requests for Proposals (“RFP”) and performing analysis on the market and our competitors to more effectively develop project-specific pricing strategies.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- RFP Tracking and Data Management:
- Compile, analyze and maintain a history of all previously submitted RFPs, including info around projects, pricing, and key assumptions.
- Creation and Management of a robust RFP tracker that captures all upcoming RFPs by offtakers. Part of this responsibility would include gathering and understanding qualitative commentary on offtaker needs (gleaned from interactions with originators and offtakers)
- Generate management reports that assist in formulating or modifying regional strategies
- RFP Strategy:
- In conjunction with the Originator, develop strategy for each RFP, including determining what projects will be submitted and desired hypothesis/outcomes beyond winning.
- Create and utilize predictive LCOE tool by project and geography to better strategize which projects should participate in each RFP
- Communicate origination strategies to other 8me stakeholders
- Track overall pricing trends and understand our competitors’ strategies and relative advantages
- RFP Execution
- Assist Originator with the preparation of bid submittals and related materials (8me qualifications, project development details, etc.).
- Quarterback and project manage the inputs to an RFP, including the assumptions required to run the pricing models. This includes developing schedules/lead times, running check-ins, and ultimately being responsible for on-time delivery of the RFP
- Track status of submitted bids
- Lead generation
- Ability to monitor and react to customer and market indications
- Support Originators in converting customer conversations into actionable submission plans and ultimately PPAs
- Preparation of power market quarterly summary
- Track retirements, transmission, prices, etc.
- Consolidate trends in Transmission and Project Finance to develop comprehensive market strategies and forecasts
- PPA negotiation
- Assist in negotiation of commercial, project financeability and legal issues.
- Manage the various parties involved (off-takers, legal, consultants, internal 8me Subject Matter Experts)
- Minimum 1-2 years in Renewables/Power & Utilities
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel, including experience with project financial modeling
- Experience with or understanding of power markets and/or project development
- Ability to distill, arrange, and convert large sets of raw data into useful and actionable information
- Experience managing large projects with multiple stakeholders on tight timelines
- Working knowledge of structured finance and power offtake agreements a plus
8minutenergy Renewables offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and fully paid medical and dental benefits and unlimited PTO. We are an equal opportunity employer.