Career Level Entry Level
Job Function Operations
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Production Planning encompasses the planning of the processes required to efficiently produce Company products and to ensure the availability of support services.
Plan and perform a variety of analytical and associated duties involving such functions as planning, construction, maintenance and inventory control, typically related to complex or large-scale facilities and equipment. Pursue initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction.
- This position will develop production schedules establishing sequence and timeframe of manufacturing operations in order to meet production requirements as well as schedules the procurement of raw materials to meet forecasted and customer orders for given products. Included in routine duties will be the review of customer orders, plant capacity, and inventory before establishing schedules. As part of this function, routine tasks such as monthly reports and data maintenance will be necessary. Organizational skills will be required to follow through with tasks while multi-tasking with frequent interruptions. Routine interfacing with management, forecasting, project engineers, procurement and manufacturing.
- Responsibilities include inventory control and work in process as well as measuring progress by established standards of performance. Recognizes and brings attention to problems affecting production including schedules, quality, and order of production line. Also assists in resolving production conflicts by interfacing with management and assemblers. Management of larger orders on a project level working with project engineers on custom builds, custom buys, custom software as well as manufactured units.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Associates’ degree and 4 years’ combination experience in planning and/or scheduling in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelors’ degree and 2 years’ experience in planning and/or scheduling in a manufacturing environment
- *A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- *A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Technical knowledge and experience in a manufacturing environment of electronics technology products
- SAP experience
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Inventory management experience
- Supply chain operations experience
- Kanban and/or APICS and/or VMI and/or Lean Six Sigma experience
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.