Career Level Associate
Job Function Project Management
Project Manager / Analyst II
ADM Associates, Inc. (ADM) is seeking well-qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager / Analyst II to support the evaluation of energy efficiency programs. As a professional service corporation, ADM provides energy efficiency program evaluation and research for utilities and other clients across North America. Our evaluations have a critical role related to creating and maintaining effective energy efficiency programs, which provide numerous societal benefits, lower the energy bills of utility ratepayers, and aid the environment by reducing the need for new power plants.
This position is available in ADM’s office in Reno, Nevada. The successful candidate will manage the low-income program evaluations for First Energy Ohio and PacifiCorp while having the opportunity to work with ADM’s electric and gas utility clients throughout the U.S.
The ideal candidate for the Project Manager / Analyst II position will have strong critical thinking, writing, and analysis capabilities; excellent organizational skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the adaptability to work both independently and lead small groups. Experience with program evaluation, low-income programs, statistics, survey design and implementation, or energy efficiency is needed.
Responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Research design for low-income program evaluation projects.
- Conducting analyses to support impact evaluations.
- Quality assurance and oversight of analyses, surveys, writing, and field work performed by junior staff.
- Reporting and explaining results to technical and non-technical audiences, including professional technical reports as well as oral reports, presentations and workshops.
The following qualifications are required:
- Master’s degree, preferably in public policy, economics, statistics, or a related field.
- Two or more years of professional project management experience in the energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, or market research fields is preferable.
- Or, a BS degree in public policy, economics, statistics, or a related field.
- Five or more years professional project management experience in the energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, or market research fields.
The following qualifications are desirable:
- Experience in leading analytical projects and providing technical oversight for junior staff.
- Excellence in the following skill sets: analytical and problem-solving skills; technical report writing; and written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and under time pressures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to use statistical software packages (R, SAS, SPSS, STATA, etc.) is desirable although not required.