Career Level Entry Level
Job Function ConstructionEngineeringSales
Territory: Central to NE Wisconsin and Upper Peninsula, MI
Virtual role- (Prefer Candidates Live in the Central to NE Wisconsin Territory)
What You Will Do
The Sales Engineer is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business with Johnson Controls. Will support our construction business by calling on mechanical/electrical contractors relating to bidding on projects. Work with engineers on designs and specs for construction projects. Ideal candidate will have an engineering degree, design experience, has worked in the HVAC field, construction and sales experience. Come join our growing team.
Under general direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls BE offerings to mechanical contractors, designers and consulting engineers. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to construction community by providing business and technical solutions. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners. Positions renewable service agreements as a foundation of managed account relationships.
How You Will Do It
- Sells, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to all members of the construction community to include contractors, consultants and designers while reaching optimal profit levels.
- Focuses on all opportunities to allow the contractor to achieve business objectives. Manages multiple, ongoing, opportunities.
- Sells, renews and expands renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing assigned customers.
- Builds partnering relationships with the owner construction community responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Control offerings.
- Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer’s business cycle customer base.
- Demonstrates technical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility. Garners loyalty, trust and commitment from the customer.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with JCI strategy.
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts. Understands and leverages the sales process outcomes as well as demonstrates evidence of advancing the sell.
- Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer’s operational need and favorably position Johnson Controls. Qualifies and assesses potential customers.
- Addresses customer’s operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements.
- Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
- Differentiates Johnson Controls services and products from competitors by applying creativity, ingenuity, and innovation in a value added sales approach.
- Acts as the customer’s advocate in interactions with Johnson Controls to ensure the customer obtains the best value from Johnson Controls offerings.
- Sets appropriate customer expectations on Johnson Controls offerings. Participates in final project inspection.
- Ensures that the customer is trained and oriented to system operation and the value of services delivered.
Sales & Marketing
Bldg Technologies & Solutions
What We Look For
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of sales experience
- At least 1 to 3 years successfully Selling HVAC, Construction or Building Automation System industry.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
Who We Are
Johnson Controls is a $35 Billion multinational conglomerate with 120,000 employees in more than 2,000 locations across six continents. We are the industry leader in Building Products & Technologies, Integrated Solutions and Energy Storage. At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What We Offer
Competitive compensation plan, benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, 401k with great company match , STD, LTD, extensive paid holidays, ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. Being a part of a global company like Johnson Controls affords you exposure to global career pathing opportunities.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou