Career Level Associate
Job Function EngineeringInformation Technology
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering, design, and analysis for electrical power generation and power delivery projects.
We have a highly experienced engineering staff that is solely dedicated to the electric power business. We have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
If you are interested in working in the energy business for an industry leader with an outstanding group of clients, consider joining Sargent & Lundy.
- Under the direction of the project manager, this position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing nuclear power plant electrical systems
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues
- Assist the project manager in efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
- Prepare and review detailed calculations, including three phase AC and DC power studies, short circuit, voltage drop, motor starting and protective relay settings
- Prepare documentation for design input for drawing production
- Prepare and review reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation
- Conduct bid evaluations
- Develop project work plans
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program is required
- Six or more years experience in the design of electrical engineering systems in a project team environment with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for new plants, or modifications or replacements for existing plants; Experience must include the selection of equipment, materials, control philosophy, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications
- Experience is required with electrical system design including medium and low voltage distribution systems (transformers, generators, motors), communication systems, equipment selection, and analytical calculations
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented approach to work
- Capable of being badged for unescorted access to a nuclear station
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- PE license
- Construction and start-up experience a plus
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.