Career Level Associate
Job Function Project ManagementSales
US, American Falls | Management | Full-Time | ID: 5105
Vestas is looking for safety-focused managers with experience from leadership, to financials, and all that’s in-between. With consistent growth and opportunity in Vestas and persistence in customer satisfaction, we would like you to join our team here in North America.
Sales/SBU AME/North America Services
The Service business unit is the owner for the after-turbine sales business. Service operates, maintains, and executes all service contracts, T&M work, modified scope contracts, and CIM for various customer assets across North America. Service interfaces directly with operational counterparts within customer organizations maximizing turbine operation and performance.
- Lead and develop a team that models Vestas values and high standards of performance
- Provide effective leadership that achieves a highly aligned, engaged and motivated site team that produces high-level results against Key Performance Indicators and Operational Objectives
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Implement and manage all safety practices and protocols within Vestas’s organizational standards to ensure compliance and optimal safety results with a team that demonstrates safe behaviors
- Achieves a culture of excellence (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with the site organization to advance capability and performance in all operational areas
- Responsible for the site budget, cost center management, and operational efficiency
- Responsible for customer account management and service contract compliance
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.)
- Associates degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience and knowledge of wind turbines and power plant operations is preferred. Will consider similar industry and/or technology such as hydraulic, rotating heavy equipment service and maintenance
- Significant experience as a leader of a field-deployed technician team with responsibility for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Experience managing safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space
- Previous accountability for budgeting, P&L, and cost management
- Valid driver’s license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives
- Ability to successfully complete a 200-400 foot pre-employment climb test, pre-employment physical and drug screen, criminal background check, and driving record check. Knowledge of technical drawings and schematics
- Demonstrated leadership ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and quality methodology skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve customer loyalty through effective relationships and demonstration of value differentiation
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary, and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This site is located somewhat remotely at first due to training and the site being ready to go start of February in Glenns Ferry, Idaho.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.