Career Level Associate
Job Function Construction
• Provide technical guidance and training as per Nordex instructions for inspections to subcontractors.
• Create nonconforming material reports to supplier quality group and/or suppliers for corrective actions
• Provide guidance on the mechanical and electrical completion of the turbines regarding
o Condition and presence of subcomponents
o Electrical termination
• Performing Quality Lead responsibilities in the Quality Leads absents
• Investigate root causes of nonconformities
• Create clear and legible reports for nonconformities requiring additional information showing condition of material compared to specifications
• Coordinate with AWP Engineering and QA Departments to resolve Non Conformance issues encountered during assembly, erection and commissioning
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Minimum of 3 years of mechanical/construction supervisory experience; Wind Farm mechanical construction experience preferred
• Experience in quality management and quality control processes; Wind Turbine Assembly experience pre-ferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
• Driver’s license required
• Ability to spend 100% of time at the wind farms during the construction process
• Ability to interface with the customers and contractors
• WTG on-site assembly experience required
• 80% to 90% travel required
• Associates in mechanical engineering or related discipline, or equivalent related work experience accepted
• Ability to meet specific OSHA and ANSI weight limits of 250 to 300lbs. max.
• Analytical skills – must be able to reach conclusions and make recommendations based on collected data
• Ability to read and understand schematics, drawings and specifications
Seeing/Comprehension: Must be able to read documents, reports, and computer screens and/or examine or inspect material or data.
Hearing: Must be able to communicate with customers and coworkers.
Hand/Finger Dexterity: Manipulating objects, equipment and/or using keyboard.