Career Level Associate
Job Function Engineering
8minute Solar Energy is the largest privately-held developer of solar and storage projects in the United States. We have one of the best development teams in the industry with a track record of delivering above-market profitability and strong financial returns on utility-scale solar and storage projects. We are seeking the best and brightest people to help make clean energy abundant.
About the Position:
8minute’s Transmission & Interconnection team is responsible for providing interconnection strategy of all utility scale solar & storage projects, performing analysis on the transmission system to identify capacity for potential projects, and leading the company through the necessary transmission & interconnection processes of utilities and ISO’s. 8minute is active in multiple ISO’s and vertically-integrated markets across the country, with multiple projects at various stages of development.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Complete interconnection applications and supporting documentation for 8minute’s projects in ISO’s (CAISO, ERCOT, SPP) and vertically integrated markets (WECC, Southeast).
- Evaluate transmission & interconnection tariffs, costs, timelines, queue, and processes for a variety of markets and provide strategy to the cross-functional Development Team.
- Lead communication and build relationships with utilities/ISO’s and track interconnection progress to ensure projects are complete in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Identify optimal interconnection locations in target markets based on multiple cross-functional siting criteria
- Manage and/or perform power flow, deliverability, curtailment and LMP studies in collaboration with engineers and/or consultants
- Track changes to interconnection tariffs and key transmission upgrades in target markets
- Minimum Bachelor’s of Science Degree; Electrical engineering degree, Master’s, and/or MBA preferred
- Five (5) years minimum of related experience in interconnection & project development or transmission planning at a utility, ISO/RTO, or project developer.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously at a dynamic pace, find creative solutions, and communicate with both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience communicating / working with utilities, consulting firms, ISO/RTOs, and regulators
- Preferred: Ability to use GE PSLF, PSSE, Gridview, Plexos, and/or AutoCAD
8minute Solar Energy offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and fully paid medical and dental benefits and unlimited PTO. We are an equal opportunity employer.